
This week I had the privilege of picking up other peoples garbage. It was nasty.
My Saturday consisted of waking up at 6:30 am and packing my apartment into my car. I then drove the first load up to Carmel Valley and unloaded it.
After that and well before any coffee, I drove down to the quaint Cesar Chavez area of south east San Diego to participate in a canal clean up. Out of a firm of a few hundred I would be surprised if we had over ten people there, luckily the event was put on by a much larger organization so overall it was a good group. At this even we pull anything from couches to computers out of the canal for two hours. I went on a mission to see how many shopping carts I could find, I think the total was about 5 or 6.
There was no amount of hand sanitizer that could make me feel clean after that but it didn't matter because it was back to moving the apartment without skipping a beat or eating any food.
After another load up to the Condo in Carmel Valley I met up with Stath and pick up the "truck" to move the heavy stuff. This little ford truck was a single cab 4 cylinder classic. I started to think that my couch couldn't even fit in this thing, little long my queen size mattress. Eve, Stath threw out the idea that we might be looking at two trip. However, when we got to the apartment and loaded the couch into the back of the truck there was a glimmer of hope we might be able to fit to all. And wouldn't you know it we did fit it all. There was a rush of pride as I looked at our job well done getting it all to fit in the back of the truck. Unfortunately that pride was quickly turned into shame as I realized most of my net worth fit in the back of a single cab Ford pickup.
Hopefully there weren't any strains of the swine flu in the canal!!!!! You never know how many mexi's hang out in those!!!! j/k I would have loved to see the back of the pick up after your packing job!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete